We require a Dynamic Enthusiastic Deputy Manager.
To assist the Registered Manager to lead the staff team at Langford Park Nursing Home (the home) and participate in the delivery of all aspects of care, treatment and rehabilitation and ensure that the aims and objectives of the home are adhered to. The post holder will assist the Registered Manager to ensure that the home meets all CQC requirements and that all statutory and legal requirements are adhered to. You will assist the Registered Manager in communicating with other team members and lead team meetings in the manager’s absence. You will plan, implement and supervise nursing care in designated areas of responsibility. You will be physically involved in the nursing care of the residents and meet all service users’ individual needs, either personally or through delegation. You will take responsibility for, and effectively supervise, the day to day running of the home in the absence of the Home Manager.
- To act as instructed by the Registered Manager in implementing organisational policies and procedures at Langford Park.
- To work with the Registered Manager to ensure the unit meets the necessary CQC Essential Standards of Quality and Safety and the requirements of the Health & Social Care Act 2008.
- Ensuring that Service User’s receive appropriate treatment and planned care, in accordance with their person centred care plans.
- The promotion of the work of the home and communication and liaison with external agencies.
- To be familiar with and ensure that all the requirements of relevant statutory legislation and guidance are met in full.
- To work with the Registered Manager to ensure that all service users receive an appropriate and planned programme of treatment and care, that they are able to exercise their statutory and other rights whilst at the home and that all client complaints are dealt with promptly and in accordance with organisational policy and procedure and the care standards act.
- To liaise with the local community and other professionals to promote the home.
- To work pro-actively with the Registered Manager to ensure that the home’s vacant beds are kept to a minimum.
- Assist the Registered manager in the operational management, deployment and supervision of all staff groups.
- To assist the manager in promoting and maintaining sound standards of professional practice.
- Development of a therapeutic environment based on evidence based best practice.
- Ensure effective communication systems are established within the nursing team and between other disciplines.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining high standards of nursing practice by the use of clinical example and leadership skills as appropriate.
- To undertake the role of named nurse as appropriate
- Ensure the clinical team maintain compliance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- To assist the manager with the ongoing staff appraisal/performance monitoring system within the unit.
- Initiate and participate in staff training and development for all staff, including induction.
- To assist the manager with the appointment of home staff.
- Investigate staff Grievances and Whistle Blowing alerts, as appropriate, in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Counsel, advise and initiate action, where necessary, in all matters related to staff well-being.
- Reporting any concerns such as signs of abuse as per policies and procedures.
- In addition to your normal shifts be prepared to cover the home during periods of shortage of trained staff.
- To undertake any such duties as may be reasonably required by the company.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Circa £33k+ depending upon experience.
Please email your CV to:
or call our Head Office on 01392 425111